Odd Recording Behavour

Damo

n3wb
Reaction score
Please take a look at the attached image from my BI server.

bi-recording.jpg

You will notice that

1. I'm in playback mode
  2. There are several clips, some are short; but there are clips which go into hours
  3. The time on the top left video is 8:51
  4. The playback time on the timeline is 10:07

My cameras are set to record on trigger only, this works fine. Post trigger they'll record for a further 60 seconds as defined in config, unless re-triggered.

What I'm finding is that post trigger / record, BI seems to continue 'apparently' recording the last frame continually and saving it in the triggered video clip, this can last for hours. The camera record indicator isn't showing and no further alerts are triggering a re-record in this time frame. if they did, I'd expect a video of this.

I can't see what in configuration would cause this, any ideas?

Regards

Damian

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please take a look at the attached image from my BI server.

View attachment 6872

You will notice that

1. I'm in playback mode
  2. There are several clips, some are short; but there are clips which go into hours
  3. The time on the top left video is 8:51
  4. The playback time on the timeline is 10:07

My cameras are set to record on trigger only, this works fine. Post trigger they'll record for a further 60 seconds as defined in config, unless re-triggered.

What I'm finding is that post trigger / record, BI seems to continue 'apparently' recording the last frame continually and saving it in the triggered video clip, this can last for hours. The camera record indicator isn't showing and no further alerts are triggering a re-record in this time frame. if they did, I'd expect a video of this.

I can't see what in configuration would cause this, any ideas?

Regards

Damian
This is cause by using combine and cut....
Side note, you can color code each camera so that you see distinct colors for each on the timeline...

Damo

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, it was enabled for each camera. I've disabled it now.

ive also changed my camera colours now. Many thanks