Nvr suggestions for IPC-T5442T-ZE

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am looking to get 4-6 POE cameras for my house. I have been reviewing the forum and Leaning towards IPC-T5442T-ZE. If I get these camera, what are the recommended nvrs that work best with them? I will eventually get a blue iris setup but want to get an Nvr to be able to get things off the ground until I do. Any suggestions? A plus if there is an app that works will with it.

also, do these cameras come in a bundle or do you usually buy them separately?

Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
For instance stepping up to the Wizmind I/L series (2x?$) basically moves the AI functions to the NVR vs the one I showed you which works with the cameras doing the AI.
It's got an impressive list of Face detection/Recognition features (two different things) but we;ve seen many of these higher AI functions work only under ideal controlled conditions and you wont likely use it.
NVR5216-16P-I/L

WHat many of us have found is its better to do what you can at the camera as each scene/location is very different with different requirements. What you need at your front door is very different than what you need to cover your backyard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tha
For instance stepping up to the Wizmind I/L series (2x?$) basically moves the AI functions to the NVR vs the one I showed you which works with the cameras doing the AI.
For instance it's got an impressive list of Face detection/Recognition features (two different things) but we;ve seen many of these higher AI functions work only under ideal controlled conditions and you wont likely use it.
NVR5216-16P-I/L

WHat many of us have found is its better to do what you can at the camera as each scene/location is very different with different requirements. What you need at your front door is very different than what you need to cover your backyard.
that makes sense…thanks for the explanation!

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For instance it's got an impressive list of Face detection/Recognition features (two different things) but we;ve seen many of these higher AI functions work only under ideal controlled conditions and you wont likely use it.
NVR5216-16P-I/L

Could I replace my Lorex N881A6 NVR with this NVR one that does AI? I have 4 Lorex LNB9272S that doesn't have AI.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I think thats what Bigredfish was referring to. a 5 series with POE powered ports. in 8 channel capacity. also available on 16 ch capacity.
You get english firmware, and probably support thru Empiretech Andy who sells these on this forum