NVR looses settings

MrRichard

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Looks like I will be needing a new NVR unless there is a fix.
If I shut it down or reboot or the power goes out my settings are lost and i have
to se up my NVR again. I have replaced the battery on the board with the same results.
Here is the model NVR5216-16P-4ks2e

Thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

Looks like I will be needing a new NVR unless there is a fix.
If I shut it down or reboot or the power goes out my settings are lost and i have
to se up my NVR again. I have replaced the battery on the board with the same results.
Here is the model NVR5216-16P-4ks2e

Thanks in advance
The coin cell battery inside the NVR is there to maintain the real time clock & calendar when the unit is not powered up, it does not maintain BIOS/CMOS settings....all configuration settings are written into non-volatile memory....eeprom, IIRC.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a way to resolve this or is it time to replace it?
Most RTC batteries can be replaced. Open up the NVR and find it on the pcb. Typically next to the reset button.
1716332336772.png

Some cheaper NVRs have the battery spot welded onto tabs and then soldered to the PCB. These take a soldering iron to remove and replace with another tabbed battery.
1716332273586.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most RTC batteries can be replaced. Open up the NVR and find it on the pcb. Typically next to the reset button.

Some cheaper NVRs have the battery spot welded onto tabs and then soldered to the PCB. These take a soldering iron to remove and replace with another tabbed battery.
What will this do for the OP? :idk:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two of my own and 4-5 others I’ve helped friends install. Have not seen that.

Which settings exactly are lost?

Can you show a picture of your camera registration screen?

Could it simply have to do with your network settings set to DHCP and when it reboots you can’t find it on the network?