Nvr ds-7616ni-e2

qjschum

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have V3.0.8 build 140825 on this NVR is this the current version or is their a newer version.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3.4.1 as of 2/2016. That is assuming your NVR is not gray market of course, then you would know better than to update it. Or maybe not. In which case if it's Chinese regioned, don't, for your own good and mental sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah nothing much has changed since that version. Apparent bug fixes but nothing that stands out

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not to mention 3.4.0 patches the ONVIF region lock workaround people were using for quite some time

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not to mention 3.4.0 patches the ONVIF region lock workaround people were using for quite some time

And it's really buggy. You can always tell because they publish a new version very quickly! But I didn't know the ONVIF thing.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's true. They've been pushing new versions (small ones, but a version nonetheless) more frequently than they did earlier in the year, and their change log is flaky on what actually changes. The only major bug that I've heard people complain about is email alerts. (Attachments not included, mail not sending, a ton of issues with that). I don't use every nth feature on these recorders, mostly the core stuff. So those deep intricate features, if buggy, don't affect me. But for a lot of others it does. However I've read that 3.4.0 did fix a lot of 3.3.4 problems from people on here, I don't remember which thread it was on but supposedly there was improvement. Can't confirm though.

On the ONVIF note, in their change log it was very cleverly worded as an added feature, yet everyone here knows it's an added restriction. It was something to the extent of "added the ability to automatically detect camera language when using ONVIF" which spelled doom for many. My Chinese cams come pre-patched and I don't screw with the firmware on them so it doesn't worry me too much at the moment. Who knows, that could change at any time.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Just upgraded to 3.4.1, no problem with my Chinese hacked cams.