NVR crashing when accessing through webpage.

john306

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1.
I've just today updated one of my cameras so need to access NVR through webpage to fine tune.
I can get onto the webpage and access Local - System - Network - Video/Audio - Storage - Vehicle Detection and VCA no problems.
When I click on either Image or Event the NVR immediately freezes then reboots.
It did this a few months ago when I wanted to change a setting so I just left it how it was after spending hours on it trying to find a solution.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

john306

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried IE, Chrome with IE tab, Firefox with IE tab.
It's just strange it keeps rebooting when I go into anything with a live view.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if you are at the capacity of the bandwidth (incoming and outgoing) of that NVR and when you try to log in via a webbrowser, the NVR goes over bandwidth capacity and crashes.

Looking at the specs, it is rated at 40Mbps incoming and 80Mbps outgoing, which is fairly low. Four 4MP cams with a higher bitrate and FPS could exceed that.

Try lowering FPS and bitrate and see if the problem goes away.

john306

n3wb
Reaction score
Wondering if you are at the capacity of the bandwidth (incoming and outgoing) of that NVR and when you try to log in via a webbrowser, the NVR goes over bandwidth capacity and crashes.

Looking at the specs, it is rated at 40Mbps incoming and 80Mbps outgoing, which is fairly low. Four 4MP cams with a higher bitrate and FPS could exceed that.

Try lowering FPS and bitrate and see if the problem goes away.
Thank you, I hadn't tried that, it would make sense.
I'll have another go at it tomorrow when I've got an hour.

john306

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved thank you wittaj.

I had to lower fps, bitrate and video quality right down to eventually stop the NVR crashing.
I can now set the cameras up when its dark then reset bitrate etc etc back to normal once finished.