NVR and IP camera motion dection issue, please help!

enigmis

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 ip camera's and a 32 NVR. The motion detection works perfect for one hour on the NVR and then stops on all 3 cameras. Once i reboot nvr, it starts working again. Regular recording works just fine. What could it be? NVR? or setting on the ip cam its self? They are both onvif 2.0

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What cameras? What NVR?

enigmis

n3wb
Reaction score
Cams are no name from China, nvr is from security king again, no name.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post some photographs of the cameras and nvr as well as their web interface. Maybe we can ascertain the make and model. Regardless, buying no name brands particularly with ip systems is a bad idea. The savings is not worth it.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Onvif is no guarantee. Weird that it works and then stops though. That's a dahua nvr. They carry dahua's

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would check settings in both the NVR and the cameras. Make sure in the schedule that motion is set for 24/7 and make sure motion detect is enabled in all the devices. There might be a compatiblity issue since you do not know the brand of the cameras. That NVR looks like Dahua, but I've never actually seen that model. Can you take a screen shot of the web interface of the NVR?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That's a Dahua. One of the models that supports 128Mbps and up to 1080p which I believe is the series before their "5000" series. I would try getting a firmware update for the NVR. Also, make sure the bit rate on each camera isn't something insanely high as it might cause issues. Keep in mind some cameras motion detection bit rate can vary from the Regular bitrate.

enigmis

n3wb
Reaction score
What should the max bit rate be per cam? Also, when the dvr stops detecting motion, I can log into the cam itself and it's still detecting. Something is timing out on dvr or losing communication somehow, but with all cams. Schedule is 24/7 and once I reboot dvr, it works again for one hour.

enigmis

n3wb
Reaction score
All firmwares have been updated. The last firmware update got the motion to work for an hour vs not at all