NOW 2023 After all these years, is there exist a network camera support WPA2-ENTERPRISE WIFI CONNECTION

Neo Huang

n3wb
Reaction score
It just not only support 802.1x protocol, but also it must really be capable of connecting WIFI signal which using WAP2-ENTERPRISE. I have a axis network camera, their site says it supports WPA2-ENTERPRISE, but it can not connect to my company's wifi.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It just not only support 802.1x protocol, but also it must really be capable of connecting WIFI signal which using WAP2-ENTERPRISE. I have a axis network camera, their site says it supports WPA2-ENTERPRISE, but it can not connect to my company's wifi.
This is because folks who care about that will not use wifi cams....you can use a wifi access point that supports what you need.

Neo Huang

n3wb
Reaction score
This is because folks who care about that will not use wifi cams....you can use a wifi access point that supports what you need.
Thank you for your reply, you mean let camera connect to ap? Now I try to let it connect to our cisco ap signal, using the same setting as cellphone, but it can't connect, on controller only can see UNKNOW Error.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No I believe Fender is saying connect a camera using POE to a wifi access point and then let the access point talk to the router. In built wifi is far too slow and unreliable to be worth utilising whereas a wireless access point is usually reliable and hi speed and many have a poe port you can physically connect a camera to using LAN.