No PTZ on Amcrest ProHD 1080p using BI

Micawber

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted a PTZ camera in one of my stables to monitor it's inhabitant who is due to foal so last month went for an Amcrest 1080p linked to the router in the house via Netgrear Powerline AV500's to provide a better wireless link.

The Amcrest software works fine as did the trial version of the BI software but having paid for the full licence the PTZ fails to function. As yet Ken at BI has yet to come up with a solution - as have I!

I've spent too many hours trying various combinations of settings and TBH am on the verge of giving up as I'd rather concentrate on real life outside lol!

As I say the Amcrest software functions ok including the PTZ function. All the BI port etc settings are the same but that said the software has so many options it's a job to wade through them all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA. Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted a PTZ camera in one of my stables to monitor it's inhabitant who is due to foal so last month went for an Amcrest 1080p linked to the router in the house via Netgrear Powerline AV500's to provide a better wireless link.

The Amcrest software works fine as did the trial version of the BI software but having paid for the full licence the PTZ fails to function. As yet Ken at BI has yet to come up with a solution - as have I!

I've spent too many hours trying various combinations of settings and TBH am on the verge of giving up as I'd rather concentrate on real life outside lol!

As I say the Amcrest software functions ok including the PTZ function. All the BI port etc settings are the same but that said the software has so many options it's a job to wade through them all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA. Steve
You have set something incorrectly...there is no difference with respect to ptz between the demo and licensed version..there are many threads with users of this cam and ptz works..
did you try the onvif and dahua options? did you confirm ports?
delete the camera from blue iris and set it up fresh.

Micawber

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes to all questions plus I've tried the delete and fresh cam setup more than once.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes to all questions plus I've tried the delete and fresh cam setup more than once.
you will have to post all your camera and all your BI settings...you have something set incorrectly...make sure the camera and BI user have ptz permissions.

Micawber

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't suppose this screenshot of the latest BI status report sheds any light on it?

Jdub

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an IP2M-841 Amcrest PTZ camera. PTZ functionality including saving PTZ presets within Blue Iris is working correctly. My current settings are attached for reference using the latest version of Blue Iris 4.5.3.3. If you are using an older Blue Iris version that doesn't have 'Amcrest' listed in the PTZ/Control tab you can try selecting the 'Dahau' profile. The camera profiles listed under the PTZ/Control tab appear to have changed in BlueIris 4.5.3.2 (that's when I noticed it). Note: these are my settings and may not be ideal for anyone else. PTZ controls and named PTZ presets are also present and functional from the Blue Iris mobile app.

Attachments

kurtlang

n3wb
Reaction score
Another data point to this issue. Installed an Amcrest IP2M-841 to replace a Foscam 9831. Latest version of the microcode for the camera and latest Blue Iris installed as well. PTZ would not respond through Blue Iris. Worked fine direct to the camera via the web interface. Tried all the various settings described here and still no good. Fix is: In Camera properties in Blue Iris, The PTZ/Control tab, Field Network IP has a checkbox below called Use Another IP/Port with a default of ':80'. Checked that and PTZ is working.

dcampbe1

n3wb
Reaction score
I just added this camera to my network. It is the only PTZ camera I have. After adding it, my PTZ options are greyed out on the console. I've verified that PTZ is enabled for all user accounts (including admin) and the camera properties (BI) have PTZ enabled as well. I've tried the defaulted ONVIF, Amcrest, Amcrest/Dahua, and both Dahua options - under the PTZ camera type. Tried the "use port 80" check box.

All result in the same greyed out PTZ buttons on the console. Is there another global PTZ disable option that I'm missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just added this camera to my network. It is the only PTZ camera I have. After adding it, my PTZ options are greyed out on the console. I've verified that PTZ is enabled for all user accounts (including admin) and the camera properties (BI) have PTZ enabled as well. I've tried the defaulted ONVIF, Amcrest, Amcrest/Dahua, and both Dahua options - under the PTZ camera type. Tried the "use port 80" check box.

All result in the same greyed out PTZ buttons on the console. Is there another global PTZ disable option that I'm missing?
Did you make any changes to the blue iris admin user?

dcampbe1

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you make any changes to the blue iris admin user?
To answer your question @fenderman, yes, I made sure that that admin (in fact, all) account had PTZ enabled. But ultimately what the problem was had to do with the BI server (running as a service) getting snowed after adding the camera. I've seen this before when adding or removing cameras or making a lot of changes - where the server will somehow start getting really flaky. In this case, I simply restarted the service, and when it reloaded, the camera came up with full PTZ button controls.

Ken has a fantastic program, but there are still some gremlins running around. Though, I'm inclined to blame M$ for that more than him. Thanks for the quick reply.