NO-IP service

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I need to use a ddns service to have remote access. I do have an account set up and thought it would be as simple as entering my ddns address in the WAN/Internet access section but it doesn't let me type or change it, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I need to use a ddns service to have remote access. I do have an account set up and thought it would be as simple as entering my ddns address in the WAN/Internet access section but it doesn't let me type or change it, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
That is there for informational purposes only. You dont need to enter it there. You need to enter it in the mobile app instead of your ip address. Make sure to enter the port as well.
You obviously also need to setup a client for your ddns service on a device on your network, pc, router etc, you only need it on one device. Most services have a pc client. You can also use BIT to update your ddns account (for the popular services)...

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

That is there for informational purposes only. You dont need to enter it there. You need to enter it in the mobile app instead of your ip address. Make sure to enter the port as well.
You obviously also need to setup a client for your ddns service on a device on your network, pc, router etc, you only need it on one device. Most services have a pc client. You can also use BIT to update your ddns account (for the popular services)...
I know that some routers have a place where you can put ddns info, would that take the place of the client?