No False Alarms: Using Minimum Boxes. IP Numbers of Cameras

Philip 123

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to update the Firmware of The cameras and The Firmware of The NVR If you Don't you will fall at the first hurdle.

I wrote this in the first person for myself,

To update The Firmware of the cameras, I need the model numbers of the cameras

To get the IP numbers of the cameras and

How to access my Hikvision IP camera?

Open up Internet Explorer 11 and type in the IP address of the NVR. Log in using username and password of the recorder. Go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Other / Check the box Enable Virtual Host. This will show all the camera IP addresses in blue writing under * see below

I created a word Doc called Camera shortcuts.docx of all the cameras IP address by copying them from

* Configuration/System/System Settings/Camera Management/and under Join are all the camera IP addresses in blue writing.

Now go to my Word Doc:

C:\Users\your name\Desktop\CCTV HIKVISION and it is called Camera shortcuts.docx

Then go to this website

Firmware - How do I find the latest firmware for my Hikvision camera?

CTRL + F Look top right corner

Your camera model number will be different to mine.
I only need to enter 2385 It will then show my camera model number DS-2CD2385FWD-I so scroll up and hit

G1 Platform / EasyIP 4.0 ColorVu, EasyIP 3.0, & EasyIP 2.0+ or whatever it is for your camera

Select the latest Download by hovering over e.g. V5.6.6 210625

It puts it in C:\unzipped which is ok

Log on to Hikvision Interface with Internet Explorer 11 and go to:-

Configuration/System/System Maintenance/Upgrade/Browse to:-

C:\unzipped\IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.6_210625\ and upgrade the digicap.dav that I downloaded.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

I HAVE TO DO THIS ON EVERY CAMERA

Configuration/System/System Maintenance/ and hit Restore

Note:- It has written next to it

“Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings” Restart The NVR

Philip 123

n3wb
Reaction score
To use the Minimum boxes so you get less or no false alarms:-

Log on using Internet Explorer 11 / go into every camera by logging on with the cameras’ IP / Configuration/ Event /

Warning Warning Warning

You cannot use Line Crossing and Intrusion Crossing at the same time as this will stop The Push Notifications.

Smart Event / Intrusion Detection / Min. Size/Draw a box bigger than a cat or fox ie bigger than the biggest animal that goes in your back garden but smaller than a human being.

Try Threshold 0

Sensitivity 60

Save