Newbie with a Blue Iris question (Mac-related)

mailrail

n3wb
Reaction score
Just curious...I can't really tell from all the posts I've searched whether or not I can purchase BI to run on my Mac. The Blue Iris website seems to only talk about Windows. I recently switched to Mac and still have my old (8 years old) HP that I replaced with the Mac. It has Windows 7 on it. I would rather put BI on my Mac as it is much newer and faster. But will it work??? Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious...I can't really tell from all the posts I've searched whether or not I can purchase BI to run on my Mac. The Blue Iris website seems to only talk about Windows. I recently switched to Mac and still have my old (8 years old) HP that I replaced with the Mac. It has Windows 7 on it. I would rather put BI on my Mac as it is much newer and faster. But will it work??? Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.
Welcome to the forum..there are some users running blue iris on a mac with win 7. However, I would recommend dedicating a machine to blue iris. You can purchase an intel haswell based pc i5-4590 for 300 dollars. Search the forum for optiplex or elitedesk.

mailrail

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, fenderman, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. My iMac runs OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. My first post seemed to indicate I had Windows 7 on my Mac. I do not. It was on my old HP. I prefer to run the Mac if BI if it will work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, fenderman, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. My iMac runs OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. My first post seemed to indicate I had Windows 7 on my Mac. I do not. It was on my old HP. I prefer to run the Mac if BI if it will work.
Oh, in that case no, you cannot run it. You will need a windows machine.