Newbie here

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

i am new to the site.

i am looking into ip cameras since they broke into my house yesterday. but have some questions before buying.

currently looking into 3 brands. interlogix truvision, hikvision and dahua.

which of them 3 do you all recommend?

also ip vs tvi vs cvi? from those 3 what do you recommend?

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also i have 2 locations where i'm adding these cams that has 0 illumination.... any opinions?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go with IP cameras. TVI and CVI are analog and on their way out. Look at Hikvision and Dahua. Interlogix is just rebranded Hikvision.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to need a lot of help setting things up AND live in the USA then I recommend you talk to Nelly's Security. They are based in the USA and offer support and their own warranty since the camera manufacturer won't support you. You can get a small discount off your first purchase with them too. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/forumdisplay.php/54-Nelly-s-Security

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@garricker consider the turret cameras with Matrix IR in your zero light areas - especially the 4mp versions as they have a great lux rating. Below is a screen grab from a 3mp turret with matrix IR in my garage which is pitch black, no windows or lighs.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok,

but if you mount a turet on the wall will it have a same viewing angle as the bullet?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Take a look at the Hikvision 7608NI-E2/8P if you plan on having less than 8 cams. Hikvision 7616NI-E2/8P if need between 8 and 16. I agree with bp2008. If you live in the US Nellys is where you want to buy your NVR. Their pre and post sales support is great and NVR prices are hard to beat. Call when you order and they will give you a discount on your first purchase.

Ok,

but if you mount a turet on the wall will it have a same viewing angle as the bullet?
If they have the same lens and MP rating then yes. But, if you mount a turret on the wall and want to point it extreme left, right, up, or down the bullet would be best.

In my experience, the turret produces less picture noise at night than the bullet. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

garricker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i live in aruba

is this camera bulky?

also what about the lenses? what are the diff?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score