new

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the IPCam world and just getting started. Picked up 4 cameras from Nelly's and working on getting them installed. 2 are the EYEsurv ESIP-PTZv3-1080pIR (have a big property) and the other 2 are different PTZ's. Since the PSS software is somewhat limited I decided to go the BI route.. couple that with OLD windows machines (windows 2000) and we were in the market for a server. Based on recommendations I lurked from this site I picked up a refurb I7 T1700. Considered OptiPlex but I've used the T series for years without issues. Besides, aren't workstations a bit more durable? I know it is WAY overkill for my current needs but am sure many cameras will be added over time. The computer will be here next week and the fun can really begin. I am sure I will be asking all sorts of stupid questions and with your all's help can know my property is covered properly. We have a horse farm so need to keep tabs on ponies as well as intruders. I did put an 8 cam system in the barn (amcrest 960H) and can hopefully integrate that system into the new one... someday.

Thanks
TK

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum TimK, happy to have you here.