New to this forum looking for a little bit of help .

Reaction score
Looking to purchase Blue Iris software for my home setup- I will have 4 ip cams ( two 1080P and two with 720P )

My home set up includes a windows 7 . This is my media machine where i store all of my media- This is where i will want the recorded software to end up-

My concern is with playback. My media machine is a quad core with 4GB or ram. ( i keep that on 24/7 ) ( that seems to pass the minimum requirements from the website )

I do have an everyday laptop that is an i7 with 16GB of ram running windows 10. ( only run when needed )

My question is will i be having playback issues with the software on my server? also will i be able to view the videos from my laptop and use all the features from the software

Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

I just have all my media stored on that machine - I have machines throughout my house that i use to play the files- The machine is just to grab video/audio / family phones off it, so its not used for anything much.

i will have 4 cams- 2 1080P and 2 720P

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Want no problems and a smooth machine? use a dedicated system...
You dont mention your current specs...

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to purchase Blue Iris software for my home setup- I will have 4 ip cams ( two 1080P and two with 720P )

My home set up includes a windows 7 . This is my media machine where i store all of my media- This is where i will want the recorded software to end up-

My concern is with playback. My media machine is a quad core with 4GB or ram. ( i keep that on 24/7 ) ( that seems to pass the minimum requirements from the website )

I do have an everyday laptop that is an i7 with 16GB of ram running windows 10. ( only run when needed )

My question is will i be having playback issues with the software on my server? also will i be able to view the videos from my laptop and use all the features from the software
I have almost the same setup, Win7 64bit Quad 2.7GHz, except I maxed out my memory at 16gig. Graphic card is a GeForce GTX 750 Ti, with 4 24" monitors.
My system runs 24/7 with BI. I have no issues streaming media, running games like SC2, Steam Games, COH, or, running programs like DVD authoring/burning. In fact, I've been running BI, SC2, and running browsing the internet, listing to music, and, watching Youtube, all at the same time. With no issues.