New to all this

Bohman731

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am very new to this world so be prepared for a lot of dumb questions haha But I recently purchased this camera:

http://www.amazon.com/iZtouch-Wireless-Two-Way-monitoring-supported/dp/B010MI8XZS/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1448320546&sr=1-2&keywords=iztouch+ap001

And of course the instructions that came with it were very confusing and didnt really help setting up the camera. I was able to get it to work through wifi without the ethernet cable connected and that was a small victory. I have an iphone and a macbook so that is the platform I am working with. The software that it came with wont open on my computer even though it says it works with mac. The only way I can control the camera is through the APCamera iphone app. I cant seem to figure out how to get the motion detection alerts to work and I would really like to have that feature working. The camera control works fairly well when I am at home but it has a very hard time connecting when I am, say, at work.

If this is the wrong section to post this please let me know! I have a lot more to ask but I wanted to at least start with this.

Glad to be here!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am very new to this world so be prepared for a lot of dumb questions haha But I recently purchased this camera:

http://www.amazon.com/iZtouch-Wireless-Two-Way-monitoring-supported/dp/B010MI8XZS/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1448320546&sr=1-2&keywords=iztouch+ap001

And of course the instructions that came with it were very confusing and didnt really help setting up the camera. I was able to get it to work through wifi without the ethernet cable connected and that was a small victory. I have an iphone and a macbook so that is the platform I am working with. The software that it came with wont open on my computer even though it says it works with mac. The only way I can control the camera is through the APCamera iphone app. I cant seem to figure out how to get the motion detection alerts to work and I would really like to have that feature working. The camera control works fairly well when I am at home but it has a very hard time connecting when I am, say, at work.

If this is the wrong section to post this please let me know! I have a lot more to ask but I wanted to at least start with this.

Glad to be here!
Welcome to the forum. The motion detection on the camera is going to be awful. I would suggest returning the camera. It is very low resolution camera and of poor quality and is not worth the 38 dollars....spending more will save your sanity.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Bohman731

n3wb
Reaction score
I wondered if this camera was comparable to the entry level foscam. The resolution seems ok for what I am wanting to use it for. Is it impossible to use the motion detecting? I would really like to make an attempt to get this one to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered if this camera was comparable to the entry level foscam. The resolution seems ok for what I am wanting to use it for. Is it impossible to use the motion detecting? I would really like to make an attempt to get this one to work.
Entry level foscams are just as bad. (foscams in general should be avoided)...the motion detection will "work" but you will get TONS of false alerts...its would be pointless..what are you using this camera for? Where are you recording the footage to?
The first line in the product description is false, its says HD quality 640x480...640x480 is nowhere near hd.
The reviews are mostly fake. Is there a specific reason you want to keep this?