ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Thanks to every person who post here on this forum. What ever your reasons are for taking the time to post, your helping us new guys a lot by providing information on the ever changing and exciting world of surveillance and security equipment.

Hopefully I can at some point do more then just lurk and read what every one else post.

My present level of security and surveillance experience: 3 wireless cams [2 D-Links - nice and a crap-O Foscam PTZ] and iSpy running on one of my computers so I can watch the outside of the house and watch my dogs out in the yard.

After adding my last cam, the FOSCAM F18910W el-crap-O PTZ - DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE - [shoulda known better but it was cheap] with an awesome FPS of around 5 to 8, my iSpy seems to be over loading my crap little computer so....

I am upping my game, I just ordered an HIKvision DS-7616NI-E2 off ebay for a "way to cheap" price.:rolleyes: I'll probably pay for this in other ways, it is probably a Chinese version or maybe even a knockoff?

Next I am going to replace my cheap-o wireless cams with some real quality HIKvision cams, not sure what models yet.

I'll make a post about the HIKvision NVR in the HIKvision section so any one who wants can weigh in with an opinion/discussion.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.