New Member replacing system

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Been doing a lot of reading and research here on the site and appreciate all the great knowledge here. Was looking at how to fix my current system which I am now looking at replacing instead. I have a FLIR DVR and 4 FLIR brand dome cameras that I built into a system from 123securityproducts and installed myself (FLIR bought out Digimerge which was the brand I was looking at as my Dad has that for his house and it seemed to work well). My router sees the FLIR DVR as Zhuhai Raysharp Technology. The DVR was hacked over the summer and was causing my router to constantly restart as it was pinging out somewhere (think my router was acting similar to a DOS attack and restarting to clear the issue). After some research I found that the DVR has a huge back door security flaw that anyone with the factory fixed passcode can hack into easily and it can't be secured if its connected to the internet. Was getting a lot of glare off the dome cameras at night with the IR light anyways so now I'm going to replace the whole system.

From what I've found on this site I'm looking into the Surveillance Smart AI NVR 8-Channel, 1U, 8-PoE, 4K, H.265, Pro Network Video Recorder NVR5208-8P-4KS2E for an NVR and the 4MP Starlight Ultra Low Light Motorized Varifocal Turret IP Camera IPC-T5442T-ZE to replace my current dome cameras. I'm assuming (and hope you guys can help me here) that these are Dahua rebranded products and I can successfully use these together and run the DMSS app for remote viewing. If this all works together I'll be crawling through the attic to run Ethernet cables to replace my coax this spring.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, those are Dahua rebranded cameras sold by @EMPIRETECANDY a well respected member here. He sells them in the store you linked as well as on Amazon and Aliexpress.

Those are good choices to start with.

If you don't really want to crawl around your attic, he also sells these converters that work really well. I still have a few in use for the hard to get ones that I haven't made time to switch out yet.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My suggestion is to contact Andy from EmpireTech for that NVR and camera. He sells authentic OEM Dahua equipment and provides excellent pricing, shipping and support. You can drop him an email for pricing or just buy from either Amazon or AliExpress. Given the model number of the NVR it will work well with the 5442.

Andy
IPCT Thread

Andy's Store

King Security/EmpireTech Store

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

moto2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, those are Dahua rebranded cameras sold by @EMPIRETECANDY a well respected member here. He sells them in the store you linked as well as on Amazon and Aliexpress.

Those are good choices to start with.

If you don't really want to crawl around your attic, he also sells these converters that work really well. I still have a few in use for the hard to get ones that I haven't made time to switch out yet.

Since both of OP's suggestions for the NVR and Camera are ePOE, couldn't he just use the passive, LR1002's on each end, instead of the LR1002-1EC/T that you linked to?

I'm in a similar situation and was hoping I could go that route?

1649561308309.png