New member need help Urgent Crazy Jailed Neighbor

millek05

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick Introand summary:
Have crazyneighbor that has developed drug problem and/or physiological issue. Police & court system now involved andshe has recently been jailed for violation of harassment order to mydaughter. Not a can’t get a long dealbut rather bat crazy deal. I don’t havetime to comb through entire forum like I do with my other hobbies as I needthis up and recording ASAP. I am in ITand assumed it would be much straighter forward then it is. My frustration may be due to the situation andI am rushing and that is making it worse. I purchased ImporX here http://www.imporx.com/Download.aspx. (UC Software 64 and NVR Software Client) Can’tget it to discover cam. I installedISPY software and cam connection string URL is not in their DB. I can’tfind it via Wireshark. I need quick anddirty solution where I can slap a USB drive in and start recording thatwill just fill up drive and overwrite the oldest files.

I did complete a couple searches on forum and nothing came u

New memberneed help Urgent Crazy Jailed Neighbo. I applogize for the all hands on help. Any direction you all can provide to get merolling would be awesome!

I have raspberrypi 3 and long term hope to run zoneminder quietly to record versus a loudPC.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"installedISPY software and cam connection string URL is not in their DB"

try
rtsp://<cam IP>:554/Streaming/Channels/1

Their mini-ptz's follow the HikVision protocols for the most part,
so you might try the 'hikvision' profile as well...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hey Ive supported quite a few BI users; perhaps not expertly.. but you'd be surprised what you can learn when you read the same questions and answers 10 times a day.

Ive supported plenty of windows software without ever using it, including windows.. havent touched anything since Win2k and I bet I could walk you through installing Win10 over the phone still.. wait I hear it does that all on its own, without asking.

but zonemidner sucks ass, so yeah if your looking at that.. go for BI, or anything really.. check out bluecherry, but its not as affordable as BI, as far as licensing is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

millek05

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys are awesome and thank you! Last night I found OEM software here: http://www.annke.com/kb/index.php?action=artikel&cat=7&id=103&artlang=en. I have it running now recording on an OLDlaptop however this can’t be the long term solution. Yes choosing to not go with the SAMS clubDVR bundle was simply do to my over confidence. I instead decided to go with money investment inthe camera and just figured I could build the backend on my own cheap. Oops J I will say I have learned a fair amount inthe last couple days getting this up. Iwill look a blue iris if I can’t get ISPY working. Iwould love to get DVR recording on something quiet and not have to deal with aMicrosoft OS.