New member looking for advice/assistance

F18guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

New member here needing some advice.

First some background. Last year, May...ish, I decided to put my own camera system in. The house was built in 2020 and during the construction process I had a local security company install a few cameras. After a while, I wasn't terribly happy with my cameras being on their system so I decided to do my own local system I watched a ton of YouTube, "The Hookup", and decided to install my own system run by Blue Iris. I bought an Annke for the front of the house and the remainder are ReoLink. I'm quite happy with the Annke but the Reolinks are not cutting it. Two of the Reolinks, without fail, drop off line at sunset then come back online at sunrise. ReoLink customer support haven't been any help at all in trying to help me troubleshoot. Also, the image quality of the Reolinks just aren't up to par compared to the Annke.

Attached is a pdf showing the current layout of the cameras and the house. I'm having trouble with the sides of the house. I don't have the experience to know how to best cover long narrow corridors.
The dimensions are roughly 70' x 20". As previously stated, the Annke is doing a good job mounted above the garage giving an overview of the front of the house but I have a gap in coverage leading to the front door. As shown on the pdf I have a camera in the top right corner, relative to walking towards the front door but I need a camera that will point down the walkway leading to the front door. As a side note, the ReoLink mounted at the aforementioned position has been the most unreliable. It is one of the cameras the drops off line at sunset and has now completely dropped off line.

For the back yard I have a ReoLink Duo. I'm not terribly happy with this one either. I'm thinking another Annke NCD 800 would be a better choice there and then a camera above the door to the small patio on the SW corner of the house.

Known gaps in coverage are the front yard, the approach to the front door, and the approach to the back door and patio area.

Here are my questions:

1. What would be a good choice to cover the "corridors" on the sides of the house given the current placement of the cameras?
2. What camera would you place on the front porch to replace the current ReoLink
3. What camera above the front door to cover the approach to the front door.
4. What camera above the back door to cover it?
5. What camera to cover the front yard. I would place it on the NW corner of the house.

Thanks for the help

Attachments