New member from South Alabama

Fpchief

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, joined to find some friendly advice for surveillance. No internet here...got an 8 camera dvr plugged into a router so I can view over just my local wifi. Using a linsys router.

I want to put a couple of wireless cameras out on the property but within the 2.4ghz wireless signal so I can view on my phone, and ones that will record also. I bought I conico solar wireless camers but app wont let me connect it since no net. Any ideas???

Very Respectfully,
Kip

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT from a fellow Alabamian! :wave:

Based on what I read on amazon, it's a cloud-based cam with an app meaning you likely scanned a QR code or entered a UID number.

I searched on amazon using "RTSP" and "ONVIF" and the same vendor/rep gave conflicting answers (see below). I used those terms because if your 'DVR' is a recent 'NVR' you could likely use an ONVIF-compatible camera or possibly even an RTSP stream...but I think the answer to both is "not likely".

Sorry I could not be of more help.

conico_amazon.jpg

Fpchief

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT from a fellow Alabamian! :wave:

Based on what I read on amazon, it's a cloud-based cam with an app meaning you likely scanned a QR code or entered a UID number.

I searched on amazon using "RTSP" and "ONVIF" and the same vendor/rep gave conflicting answers (see below). I used those terms because if your 'DVR' is a recent 'NVR' you could likely use an ONVIF-compatible camera or possibly even an RTSP stream...but I think the answer to both is "not likely".

Sorry I could not be of more help.

View attachment 86432
Yea I kinda figured I was out of luck. Sucks not having good net here. Hopefully starlink will come to the rescue this year.