New Dahua indoor/outdoor station setup. Some issues/questions.

Rubeast

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forums here and I'm sorry but I made a large post. I hope there are some questions/issues where some of you guys can help me with.

I bought following Dahua products:
- Indoor station (monitor) VTH1550CH
- Outdoor station VTO2000A
- PoE Switch VTNS1060A

I've succesfully installed everything.
I changed the IP, installed them on a seperate network and configured everything to my needs.

The outdoor station can only be configured with the webinterface if I'm correct. And the indoor station only with the LCD display. I found a great guide and everything went relatively without problems.

However I'm having some issues:
1. The major issue I have, is with the app. (Android with gDMSS Lite) I can't seem to get video to work. I keep getting a black loading screen. I have added the camera with the P2P QR-code. However my options when I add a device seem to be more limited than in all the screenshots i've seen online. But I know I've added it correctly since I'm able to receive notifications and answer (audio only) when the app is open.

2. When I press the button of the outdoor station, I get a call on the indoor station and I get a notification on my phone.
-> If I swipe down and press the notification I get to see a Live Preview window, but I'm unable to answer the call and video is not working.
-> When the app is open and I press the button, I get to see this window to answer or decline. Video is never working.

3. I think that I have a different version of software on my VTH1550CH (Indoor station) since I don't have the option to change the language. So I wanted to check if I could update the firmware. If I read correct, this is only possible with the ConfigTool. So I installed the latest version of the ConfigTool on my PC, but it is unable to find my devices. I know their IP's, but even when I manually add them they won't show up. I had this problem already before I started and wanted to find the IPs (I eventually found them through me router).

Some questions:
4. On the indoor station I have succesfully added the VTO (outdoor station). However I don't understand why there is a local IPC option when I open the settings. I can't seem to get this configured to be used with the outdoor station.

5. I would like to save a picture or a small video of every person that rings the bell. I'm only able to do this when I manually press the button on the screen or when that person waits to create a voicemail video. I have the option AutoCaption enabled in the settings of the Indoor station. Is this possible to do?