New BI App won't connect local

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running the latest new android app, v3.0.17, and it won't connect locally when I'm connected to my home wifi. The previous old version worked fine.

I am using a wireguard vpn which is only active when I'm not connected to my home wifi. I have my local ip set for both lan and wan in the app. I also have the local lan ip set for both local and remote external in BI settings on the webserver tab.

As long as I'm connected to the vpn, either locally or externally, I can connect to BI. Only problem is when I disconnect the vpn when at home on the wifi. The connection to BI just times out.

My BI version is 5.3.9.9. I just recently updated to this version from a much older v5 version because the new app gave me a message to update BI for new features to work. The older version was somewhere around 5.2.6.0 or older as I had to renew my subscription that had expired back in April of 2020. In that older version the old app worked fine locally or externally with the same vpn used for external. Same settings for the lan IP.

The problem is also only with the app. I can connect to the webserver with a browser on the phone just fine.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was browsing through that thread but haven't come across my problem yet. Going to go back and read more to see if I find something related. Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone else came across the same problem. Guess I'll email support to make them aware. THanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, most are the other way around!

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was having weird connection issues until I clicked on the "get IPs" button, even though the IPs where correct.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I might have just stumbled upon my problem. I'll have to check when I get home tonight. For whatever reason, looks like my phones IP on my home network got banned but BI. Have no idea why this would have happened, but I cleared the IP and I will check when I get home. Now I feel stupid. I'll have to email support and let them know if it works when I get home.