network usage

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have shares on my pc for my xbmc pc in my theater. when BI is running (on the same computer as the shares) the streams aren't smooth. my solution in the past was to bridge two gigabit adaptors together to give me a 2gbit connection to my router which solved my problems. unfortunately in windows 10 the drivers for my intel drivers crash whenever i try bridging. the circumstance was the same in windows 7 except bridging worked. BI continually draws about 3kB/s off the network, which shouldnt even register on a gigabit connection, but it must be taking priorty over my streaming.

i run a cisco switch (sg200-26) which supports qos, but im only running qos for voip and my router (by port). nothing else is prioritized.

any thoughts for a solution besides wait for new intel network drivers?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting that you are having this problem. I run Win10 on a Mac Mini as my BI server and also have Kodi shares from that same machine. I personally don't see this on my setup. I hope someone else has a recommendation since I think you are right when you say that BI shouldn't even be registering on the machine enough to impact streaming.

(Could setting a second IP for the server help in this case. One for BI and one for Kodi/XBMC?)

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
(Could setting a second IP for the server help in this case. One for BI and one for Kodi/XBMC?)
I suspect that would work as that's probably pretty close to what happens when I bridge the two intel network adapters. i would prefer to avoid getting into two switches or running vlans though.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many cameras are active on BI? I'm more inclined to believe it's CPU loading that's hurting your streaming, except for the fact you said bridging two adapters fixed it before.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
11 cameras with a total of roughly 21megapixels. cpu isnt an issue, it hovers around between 15% and 20% when idle.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Zorac - Not sure if you have this figured out yet or not, but Windows does allow you to setup two IP address within the same LAN port and run them simultaneously if memory serves. Hope you got this one figures out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks, but intel released new drivers, so im back to bridging the connection for now, seems to be wokring like normal again. it should of worked the other way too, not sure why blueiris is creating that issue.