Neighbors upset by my cameras. Help?

Blacktyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Update:

Just finished the HOA meeting. That was the biggest joke ever. Other home owner didn't even show. I readdressed unrelated issues we've had with them, and they didn't even bring up the cameras, I did. They said everything looked fine and complimented the cameras (3 Dahua 4231EM-AS). So yeah, I guess we're good there. I'm now quite well versed in local laws now at least?

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad that it turned out well for you. To me cameras are a positive for the neighborhood if you want to cut down on crime.

Blacktyde

n3wb
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me at all. They've gone a bit crazy since I put the cameras up. They will not raise their garage door all the way except to quickly move a vehicle through. They'll raise it 2' up feet and slide under. The front window blinds are now closed 24/7. My cameras are obviously not even pointed high enough to see their house.

Oh! And they now clearly have a webcam on a windowsill pointed at us. Haha. Maybe they'll learn a thing or two watching us take care of our yard.

Last edited:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm now convinced that my earlier assessment of your neighbor may be right ... They're doing something strange and/or illegal which is why they're concerned about your cameras.

The fact that they didn't show for the HOA hearing, which they instigated, indicates (in my mind) that they realized they have unwittingly drawn attention to their behavior (i.e, it backfired!).

I'm glad you won this battle because video surveillance is a great security asset that benefits others as well.

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Aren't you curious as to what is in their garage now? What's the distance from your place? And remember that you want 100ppf. Ipvm.com/calculator :)

Blacktyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Aren't you curious as to what is in their garage now? What's the distance from your place? And remember that you want 100ppf. Ipvm.com/calculator :)
I had to check. Looks like about 110'. That's about a 40MM for 100ppf with a Dahua Starlight? Time for a license plate camera.... =)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL!
Visions of "Breaking Bad" episodes, cooking up new batches!

Maybe aspiring farmers? With Grow Lights?
That brings back memories of the show Weeds.
Today in Colorado, you can legally grow up to 6 plants per 21yo adult (only 3 can be flowering at a time) for your personal use.
Home grow laws | Colorado Marijuana

You can of course still get fired or denied employment for using marijuana and a DUI for driving high (legal mess, tests for THC aren't where they need to be).
The health department will investigate odor complaints for residential or commercial grow operations.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update:

Just finished the HOA meeting. That was the biggest joke ever. Other home owner didn't even show. I readdressed unrelated issues we've had with them, and they didn't even bring up the cameras, I did. They said everything looked fine and complimented the cameras (3 Dahua 4231EM-AS). So yeah, I guess we're good there. I'm now quite well versed in local laws now at least?
Win for the good guys. On the plus side if you ever have any other issues you will be all set.