Need suggestions on new Camera for outside

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Gang ! Been very busy over the past several months with work so I have not been around much.

I need some suggestions on a new camera to watch my New Heat Pump system. The picture shows the basic angel the camera would be installed and the mounting area. A new camera would be approximately 3 feet higher then this one is mounted. This is an old Dahua bullet with IR I stuck up there to get an idea of what the view would look like.

Requirements:
Weather Proof
IR
Maybe Varifocal
Something that will not break the bank but do a decent job.

I was thinking maybe a dome type camera I could mount to a wall mount dome bracket similar to the DH-PFB203W. Unless there is a good bullet camera recommendation.

What do you guys think? Always welcome the wisdom and suggestions of the camera gods. Comp Cam.jpg

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasn't there issues with the HDW5231R-ZE ??
I think some users did have some issues. May want to check with @looney2ns. I have the HDW5231R-Z with no issues so you maybe better off with that option. I think there are only minor differences between the two models. The ZE has a slightly wider view, zoom, and the extended POE range. lonney2ns does a great job comparing the two models.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dome's have issue's with reflections out of doors.
Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup
Stick with a turret style.
Any pictures or video feeds of your turrets to share? Interested in the image. The picture I posted is an old bullet I think is a 2mp. Not at home to verify the model. I know the processors have come along way over the past few years and comparing a 2mp to 2mp there could be a significant increase in quality with some cameras.

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any pictures or video feeds of your turrets to share? Interested in the image. The picture I posted is an old bullet I think is a 2mp. Not at home to verify the model. I know the processors have come along way over the past few years and comparing a 2mp to 2mp there could be a significant increase in quality with some cameras.
I am not home and wont have much time this weekend to post any videos. Work and wife projects :banghead: however there are several videos and screen shots in the thread Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Here are a few Youtube videos;