Need Suggestions For Computer To Run BlueIris

SCR

n3wb
Reaction score
Have been running 3 Foscam IP cameras on my Laptop and they have been working fine. All connected via wifi at this time going through a Netgear wndr4300 router. Laptop is an HP with Intel i5 with radeon graphics. I save to a WD mycloud direct to disc which is connected by cat5e in a secure location away from the laptop. (This is in case of a burglary, the files will be saved in a secure location)

Have ordered two more Foscam cameras. All five will be 1 megapixel. Will be connecting them via POE cat5e via a switch. Longest run is 150 feet.

Looking to switch over to a desktop computer and would like input as to what type of processor, graphics card etc. No other programs will be used on this desktop as it will be dedicated to BlueIris only.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have been running 3 Foscam IP cameras on my Laptop and they have been working fine. All connected via wifi at this time going through a Netgear wndr4300 router. Laptop is an HP with Intel i5 with radeon graphics. I save to a WD mycloud direct to disc which is connected by cat5e in a secure location away from the laptop. (This is in case of a burglary, the files will be saved in a secure location)

Have ordered two more Foscam cameras. All five will be 1 megapixel. Will be connecting them via POE cat5e via a switch. Longest run is 150 feet.

Looking to switch over to a desktop computer and would like input as to what type of processor, graphics card etc. No other programs will be used on this desktop as it will be dedicated to BlueIris only.
Welcome to the forum. You have a low load of only 5mp total. You would be fine with an i3 haswell, howerver, I would get an i5 with room to spare. Make sure its a haswell or skylake processors, not some old junk. Search the forum for elitedesk and optiplex and you will see my post about getting i5 haswell machines for 300...best deal in town.

You might also reconsider the foscams..there are much better options from hikvision/dahua.

SCR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank You for your input. On the search for either the HP elitedesk or the Dell Optiplex with the i5.