Need some help with hardware to start new system.

armx

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to this and need lots of help and advice to put this system together.For now I'm in process of gathering necessary hardware.
The plan is 7 camera total. Thanks to nayr review on HDW5231R-Z, I'm getting 4 of them from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and 1 HDBW4231F-AS (hope to receive them in few days).The other 2 going to be PTZ. I already have 1 SD 59430U-HN and doing some research for second PTZ 2mp starlight.
Thanks to another useful post got 1000ft box Cat6 pure copper cable from monoprice.
Have the NVR 4208-8P with 8TB WD purple.
Now I'm looking for computer to dedicate to that system. After reading here and some search I found this
HP ENVY 750 Desktop PC Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz 16GB 1TB DVDRW WiFi BT W10 | eBay
Do you guys think this would be enough to run the whole system or I need to look for something better? Appreciate any advice.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you need the computer for or are you going to use the computer instead of the NVR?

armx

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you need the computer for or are you going to use the computer instead of the NVR?
I think my NVR have limited capabilities and won't let me use full potential of the cameras.it will be used mostly for data storage and Power.Or I'm totally wrong and by connecting new cameras to it new menu options will pop up. I only have SD 59430U-HN temporary connected to NVR right naw. Waiting for my order from Andy.