need some help - need cam that is good for close ups

Reaction score
Hi,
need a cam that is good for an aquarium live stream. Looking for IP POE cam 2MP that I can place against the glass and shows a good picture when they come by. Saw some on amazon for about $200 for under water by Barlus but looking something that is good and in a lower price range and won't need to be for under water. Can someone help? Currently using a Uniarch-2MP bullet cam. thanks in advance ... saw REVOTECH Zoom Mini POE IP Camera HD 3MP Indoor Security Camera 2.8-12mm, but some reviews said they stream to china, no idea if that's true.

fish.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
A varifocal could probably help you dial in a happy medium in focus. And with plenty of light, you could use a less expensive cam for sure. The China thing seems to be prevalent with almost all the cams. You can use some methods to stop it from phoning home.
But I'm not the expert in that dept. I keep forgetting twice as much as I learn everyday, So i can't remember.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For my birdhouse cam, I took an el-cheapo cam, carefully broke the glue that stops the lens from turning, and refocused it for close up. It was probably a 10 minute or so task. Since yours won't be in the water, you can do the same.

Reaction score
For my birdhouse cam, I took an el-cheapo cam, carefully broke the glue that stops the lens from turning, and refocused it for close up. It was probably a 10 minute or so task. Since yours won't be in the water, you can do the same.
Can I ask what you got for the cheap one?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I bought it years ago and it's no longer available. For your purpose (certainly NOT for home security), there are a lot of them out there on the cheap. I don't know your level of expertise. Avoid "Cloud" and remember, anything that you can view remotely is open to hacking and could possibly allow your home network to be hacked unless you set up a VPN.