Need indoor camera. Looking for suggestions

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for an indoor camera with a small footprint, can be configured in a browser (not app) , has a wide angle lens (130 degree) , supports wireless, and works with Blue Iris. I used to use Amcrest p3m-hx2w but they stopped making it. Any suggestions?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah they see pretty well. I was a total noob when I bought it. I couldn't figure out why the Poe Switch wasnt powering on the Camera.....Dammit all to hell!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless,, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $45, silver is more.

As far as browsers, it works with Pale Moon (32bit), SeaMonkey, IE, Safari 11, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome (recommend with latest version camera and it requires no extension).

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

VERY hard to beat for $44, IMO

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry but I need wide angle. I don't think any of these have 130 degree, I don't want PTZ because they do not generally have a wide angle. Also the foot print is too big. Thanks

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
maybe try imou.. they are made by dahua.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
most cameras have the standard m12 mount, can do it ..

but the problem is the lens is glued to the screw thread socket to prevent it from moving,
some people may have problems getting the glue off it..
some are sucessful some are not .. depends on how skilled or daring you are.

another easy way is to remove the complete assembly together with the IRCUT filter.. but u need to buy the lens and IR Cut filter to fit your camera.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.