Need Help With Motion Bur

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need help setting up my system. I have all cameras working, but they seem to have quite a lot of latency and motion blur.

I'm not sure what information you guy will need, just let me know and I will provide it.

Note: The operating system as been stripped of all unnecessary program's and there is nothing else installed on this computer, its only used for security cameras.

CPU Usage: 32-56%

HOME BUILT PC
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
MB: ASUS H97 Plus
RAM: 16GB
HD #1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (Op. Sys. & BI)
HD #2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (Storage)
Op. Sys.: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 up to date)
GPU: AMD 6970 (15.11.1 Updated Drivers)
Blue Iris: 4.2.9.3 x64 (latest Update)
Cameras: 9ea Total IP/POE, 8ea. Hikvision: 2ea. DS-2CD2032-I, 2ea. DS-2CD3132-I, 2ea. DS-2CD3132-I, 1ea. DS-2CD2532F-IS, 1ea. DS-2CD2632F-IS, 1ea. Axis (800x600)
Switch #1: Cisco SG300-10MPP
Switch #2: Cisco SG300-10P
Cable: CAT6

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need help setting up my system. I have all cameras working, but they seem to have quite a lot of latency and motion blur.

I'm not sure what information you guy will need, just let me know and I will provide it.

Note: The operating system as been stripped of all unnecessary program's and there is nothing else installed on this computer, its only used for security cameras.

HOME BUILT PC
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
RAM: 16GB
HD #1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (Op. Sys. & BI)
HD #2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (Storage)
Op. Sys.: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 up to date)
GPU: AMD 6970 (15.11.1 Updated Drivers)
Blue Iris: 4.2.9.3 x64 (latest Update)
Cameras: 9ea Total IP/POE, 8ea. Hikvision(1080x720), 1ea. Axis (800x600)
Switch #1: Cisco SG300-10MPP
Switch #2: Cisco SG300-10P
Cable: CAT6
What is your cpu consumption?
Are you using direct to disk recording?
remove the gpu and use intel integrated graphics and enable hardware acceleration in blue iris.
Make sure to set the iframe interval in the camera to match the FPS. This is important.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using direct to disk recording?
remove the gpu and use intel integrated graphics and enable hardware acceleration in blue iris.
Make sure to set the iframe interval in the camera to match the FPS. This is important.
GPU usage is around 30-50+%

Are you using direct to disk recording? I'm not sure, were do I find it?
remove the gpu and use intel integrated graphics and enable hardware acceleration in blue iris. OK,I'll give this a try and let you know how it goes.
Make sure to set the iframe interval in the camera to match the FPS. This is important. I'll take a look and make sure the are.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK so I did everything suggested but now I have no camera output.
disable hardware acceleration and see if it comes back. Also post a video of the motion blur. Do you see the blur when view the camera in the browser?

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
disable hardware acceleration and see if it comes back. Also post a video of the motion blur. Do you see the blur when view the camera in the browser?
Tried everything except a reinstall, nothing is working.

This s the onboard graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I'm going through the MB book to see if I missed a BIOS setting.

MB: ASUS H97 Plus
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H97PLUS/

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I reinstalled the old vid drivers, I rechecked all BIOS settings and non of that worked. So I reinstalled BI and have reinstalled one of my cameras and it is working.

Ion Barker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So.. if i am running 12 fps, I should change my iframe to 12? It is still set at the factory 50.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So.. if i am running 12 fps, I should change my iframe to 12? It is still set at the factory 50.

Yes, this is very important when using blue iris and direct to disk for two reasons. 1) it prevents video corruption. 2) Direct to disc mode only starts on a new frame so you can have 4 seconds of activity that is not recorded if you set it to 50 and 12fps. That is why its also important to set the pretrigger frames to at least double your fps.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok this is good info, All but one of my cameras are set at 1929180 and 30FPS. What should I set my I frame Int. at, 30?
Where do you set pre-trigger?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok this is good info, All but one of my cameras are set at 1929180 and 30FPS. What should I set my I frame Int. at? 30/60/120?
First, I would not use 30 fps, its way overkill 15 is perfect. I would set them both to 15.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I found the pre trigger setting and am in the process of making the changes you suggested.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find out how/where to set the I-Frame for the ReoLink RLC-410 cameras? I do not see anything on the configuration screens that resembles I-Frame.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find out how/where to set the I-Frame for the ReoLink RLC-410 cameras? I do not see anything on the configuration screens that resembles I-Frame.
I dont believe there is a setting for it. First update to the newest BI release. Then Try using the qcam profile as it appears to use the same url and there is a thread indicating that ken resolved the issue.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont believe there is a setting for it. First update to the newest BI release. Then Try using the qcam profile as it appears to use the same url and there is a thread indicating that ken resolved the issue.
You don't happen to know the title of the thread or what version resolved the issue do you? I'm still on the 4.1.9.2 version due to all of the issues with the new versions, mainly the problem with BI no longer functioning properly when run as a service on Windows 7 x64. So until that issue is fixed, I'm pretty much stuck at the version I am using as it is stable.

What specifically does the 'qcam' profile do? BI is currently using the 'Generic' profile. Unless it was added later, there is not q qcam profile in the dropdown box for camera type.