Need Camera Suggestions (See Map)

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to this and looking for some camera recommendations to cover the areas pictured. I have a brick ranch on a corner lot. I have a monitored security system so I'm honestly not concerned with break-ins if someone actually went that far. I just want to be able to identify vandals and creepers for now. At some point I'd like to catch license plates which the Huisun Mini PTZ appears to be able to do. For now, I'm only looking to cover the first 3 zones listed below (sorted by importance).

cams.png

Zone 1 (the driveway and street traffic) is my #1 priority. I had some loser throw two eggs at my car and screened porch a week ago. I'd like to be able to keep an eye on the driveway and street. I believe the middle of the street is about 65ft away. I'd really like to cover the area under the tree as well at some point. There is nothing on that side but the garage and window to my office.

Zone 2 covers the front door. I'd put a camera in the corner next to the door or I could put in the opposite corner of the porch area. Night vision isn't a huge priority there except if I'm watching the street. It is 60ft from the front door to street.

Zone 3 covers the my garage side door and back door in my family room. The family room also has a sliding door which I marked red but I forgot to mark the screened porch as Zone 6.

Zone 4 covers my shed door. Not a priority right now.

Zone 5 covers my side yard with 3 bedroom windows. Not a priority right now. I'm mainly concerned with having the ability to make sure that my neighbor is not anything weird in or two my yard.

I'd like to spend no more than $150-160 per camera. Hikvision seems like the most popular choice but there are a dozen models that I see talked about.

Your suggestions are much appreciated!

dalepa

Reaction score
Welcome to the group... Hikvision is the most popular and currently the turret is my favorite.... The Huisun works great so far, specially in locations that need a longer reach.

See me recommendations below...

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm going to go with a couple LTS 4MP turrets for now for my primary cams. Being impatient, I planned to get a 3MP from Amazon just because I know it'll ship fast, but it's hard to justify since it is just about the same price as a 4MP elsewhere. I'd go with Ali but I don't feel like waiting a month for something from China or playing with firmware right. I'd like the next Huisun when it comes out.. if the shipping debacle people are experiencing gets resolved.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We have used quite a few of the 3MP turrets over the last couple of months, especially with this latest sale on them. I would use the 2.8mm for most of your yard and maybe go with a 4mm or 6mm for your longer views. I like to mount cameras a little lower that most at about 8-10ft off of the ground to give a longer view. Ifind that when a camera ismounted up high, you end up with a view that looks down at the ground.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm going to go with a couple LTS 4MP turrets for now for my primary cams. Being impatient, I planned to get a 3MP from Amazon just because I know it'll ship fast, but it's hard to justify since it is just about the same price as a 4MP elsewhere. I'd go with Ali but I don't feel like waiting a month for something from China or playing with firmware right. I'd like the next Huisun when it comes out.. if the shipping debacle people are experiencing gets resolved.
Milkisbad ships fast. When I place an order for a job, I usually get it in 3 days from NJ. he can have your order shipped from whichever LTS facility is closer to you.