Need an Honest opinion Please

pdamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly thanks for letting me join the Forum I have been reading the threads and maybe should have come to You guys first..

I have a Hikvision DVR DS 7208 HGHI. 8 Standard hik cameras and 1 io Ds2cd2T42Wd which is great and all works fine.

i recently bought a Reolink PTZ RLC 423 and I am beginning to think I have made a Mistake....obviously it is not recognised by the DVR and I am having real problems setting it up to work with my NVR

it Works fine on the Reolink software

Question should I send it back and spend a bit more on a HIK PTZ or is there a simple method of linking it to the DVR

i only got it out of the Box Today and have not mounted it yet until I decide what to do

any advice would be very welcome:eek:range::eek:range:

pdamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alpha

thanks for for that I will update everything and make contact With Reolink .i will update when I have some news thanks

pdamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so we are now up and running First impressions are good ....The HIk will let you control movement of the PTZ but not allow presets. Action is smooth and digital zoom is excellent Will probably move the camera as I am not using its full potential. The geolink App for iPad is a bit sparse but will let you use the basics .

i will wait until tonigh to test its vision and then upload some vids for all this will be a real test as where I live is a mile off the track with no lights

pdamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Night vision is Fantastic managed to find the fox in pitch black email notifications work via GMail setup ( still trying on the ( Hikvision) but will get back to that Going to run a few test today on quality but definitely no problem with number plates and faces ..so far so good

PoppyAnn

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so we are now up and running First impressions are good ....The HIk will let you control movement of the PTZ but not allow presets. Action is smooth and digital zoom is excellent Will probably move the camera as I am not using its full potential. The geolink App for iPad is a bit sparse but will let you use the basics .

i will wait until tonigh to test its vision and then upload some vids for all this will be a real test as where I live is a mile off the track with no lights
Hi there, I know my message is a few years later than your post but I am in the same position you were in I was in the position where I wanted to upgrade my old cctv system to the POE IP system i bought a few cameras along with a geolink duo camera then found out that it would only work with a Reolink recorder so decided to run a split system part with a normal poe recorder and then the Reolink nvr and a Reolink Duo camera then I gave it a try on my tv which was where it was going to cost me several hundred pounds extra as the difference between the Reolink system and the system with other makes of camera's just a quick glance at the Reolink picture and I thought I must have made a mistake on the other system as the difference between them was unbelievable I tried exchanging the cables and the monitor and tried again but the Reolink picture quality was so much better I decided that I was going to scrap my new ip system and just replace the lot with Reolink but when I wanted to get a Reolink ptz controller I could not find one or find anything about using any other make with the Reolink system whilst the on screen control works it is not the best way of doing it and so I get back to the reason for my message to your post, Did you manage to get a controller working with the Reolink system? Regards Poppy Ann