Need Advice on unit from SAM's Club Swann 8 Channel 1080p Security System with 4 3MP

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Need Advice on unit from SAM's Club Swann 8 Channel 1080p Security System with 4

You PM'ed me about this system..you shouldn't do that...posting a topic like you've done here is better for everyone bro.

One of the other members should be able to provide you with more information regarding this specific system. Swann re-brands and resells Hikvision cameras and NVR's, and I believe that this MAY be re-branded Hikvision gear. If it is then, IMO, it's decent equipment. It looks like the cameras and the NVR support audio with is pretty cool. My bet is that the NVR supports PoE only 4 of the NVR's 8 RJ45 ports...therefore you would been to employ a PoE switch (or PoE injectors) to support additional PoE cameras at a later date. In addition, while you MAY be able to add more cameras at a later date my bet it that the additional cameras would probably have to be Swann cameras (or Hikvision, if Hikvision is indeed the manufacturer).

All-in-all this looks to me like a decent way to get started.

Fellas...can anyone ascertain if this is Hikvision equipment?

Simplex

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Need Advice on unit from SAM's Club Swann 8 Channel 1080p Security System with 4

I purchased this exact system from Sam's and have had it up an running for about a month. I have no complaints and am pretty happy with its performance. I have read complaints about the Swannview Link for Windows and Android, but I have had no problems with Live View or Playback on these apps. While I only have four cameras in use through a POE switch, I do think all ports are POE enabled on the NVR. The cameras do support audio in Live View and Playback which is handy. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am looking for four additional cameras for the interior of my house and am also wondering if other non-Swann branded cameras will work with this NVR. The number of Swann branded cameras that are compatible with this system are somewhat limited.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

Damn @Q2U you having a bad holiday? Been a bit rough on several people the last few days... Not much for Christmas spirit? Guys just looking for a little help! not to mention where you basically said I didn't know s* yesterday in another post when you recommended someone seek another answer other then the "correct" answer I posted.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Damn @Q2U you having a bad holiday? Been a bit rough on several people the last few days... Not much for Christmas spirit? Guys just looking for a little help! not to mention where you basically said I didn't know s* yesterday in another post when you recommended someone seek another answer other then the "correct" answer I posted.....
I don't understand what your complaining about Zero. In this thread I did say I don't know s* because...well...I don't know s* and I don't want to give the member bad advice. But I'm certain others will give him what he needs. Post a link topic that upset you and I'll analyze it and tell you what I was thinking. No bad holiday at all brother...maybe you're being too sensitive or reading what's not there? Hey bro...I'll try to be nicer! Peace on Earth!

cbkaizer

n3wb
Reaction score

@Q2U thanks for your opinion on the system, I appreciate it. But I'll decide who (and about what) I want to send a pm too, unless its against forum rules. Thanks.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You PM'ed me about this system..you shouldn't do that...posting a topic like you've done here is better for everyone bro...
@Q2U thanks for your opinion on the system, I appreciate it. But I'll decide who (and about what) I want to send a pm too, unless its against forum rules. Thanks.
I was being lazy cbkaizer, so I didn't take the time to explain to you why "...you shouldn't do that...", but I'll take the opportunity to do that now so that (hopefully) you and other members will understand that I wasn't being harsh, that I was instead trying to help you. So here we go...

When you send a PM looking for information you are locking up the PM'ed question and the PM'ed response so that only two persons share it: the person who sent the PM and the person who responds to the PM. Alternatively, when you post the same question to a forum topic the entire forum community (of members) has the opportunity to share their personal experience and knowledge as it relates to the topic. This makes a topic-posed question immensely richer and profoundly more powerful than sending a PM. The result is that the information which the member (you) harvests from the topic is almost always immensely richer and profoundly more powerful than sending a PM. In addition, the topic is archived and many future users will uncover the information which the topic contains and thus many people in the future will benefit from all of the knowledge and experience which the topic accumulates...the added benefit is that a topic benefits not only you but also others in the future. This is why I said you "shouldn't send a PM" and I said that to benefit you brother. Again, it takes a lot of time to explain all of this and because I am an innately lazy person I didn't bother to write all of this in my initial reply to your original post. There are things that I can't know, such as maybe you have other reasons why you chose to PM and not to post a topic...I simply will never know. However, I tell you told you what I said not to reprimand or scold you but rather to educate you for your benefit.

You go right ahead and decide who (and about what) you send a pm to cbkaizer...but bear in mind that you a member of a community which comes with responsibilities and, in my opinion, sharing is one of the most important of those responsibilities.

Peace.

cbkaizer

n3wb
Reaction score

@Q2U i dont want to keep going back and forth with you. We have digress from the topic at hand. We'll leave it at you have your opinion and i have mine.

Back to topic at hand: I placed an order for the swann system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

@cbkaizer That system will not work with hikvision cameras (like some other swann units)..you will likely need to buy swann cameras.

cbkaizer

n3wb
Reaction score

Ok thanks fenderman. I do want option for hik later on so ill have to try and cancel order. I guess LTS it is. Thanks.