my flood light refuses to work without internet. any idea how to fool it?

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is my flood light: works great! image quality is shockingly good with super bright light for under $100.
it has RTSP so it works perfectly fine with my amcrest NVR. strangely, when i block it from internet, using PFSense router, the RTSP stops immediately. why is that?
i traced it with WireShark and dont see anything special. screenshot here:
1684540273764.png

any idea guys?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of these no name brands, or even name brand cloud based cameras need an internet connection to work.

Get one that isn't cloud based or give it access LOL.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some of these no name brands, or even name brand cloud based cameras need an internet connection to work.

Get one that isn't cloud based or give it access LOL.
i thought RTSP is all local, no?
i blocked my Eufy cams, RTSP still works fine with NVR. all other cams are blocked too, just strange this 1 flood light cam really wants internet to work

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Both of those packet capture screenshots don't show anything but local traffic. Is it possible for you to block everything but RTSP?

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both of those packet capture screenshots don't show anything but local traffic. Is it possible for you to block everything but RTSP?
right. looks like i was wrong. upon closer inspection....when i stopped traffic, RTSP still works but later stopped sometime in the middle of the night. will wireshark this cam overnight...