Multi Port AV Powerline Adapter with POE injector?

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for a Multi Port AV Powerline adapter that injects POE, all coming out of the AC Wall plug. Do they make such a thing?

Trying to limit the amount of stuff I have in one of my bedrooms to a single box. Right now I've got a AV Powerline adapter connected to a POE switch with cables going all over the place. Trying to clean it up a bit...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't inject the POE over the powerline, but one end can supply POE to your POE device that is located nearby. They can be found at the link below but MAN, they're not cheap...$140 USD for a pair. I cannot attest to their operation, as I have only used a TP-LINK pair and a Xyzel pair, both excellent. I don't know of one with multiple ports, though.

Comtrend G.hn 1200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge Adapter with Power Over Ethernet POE PG-9172PoE Single Unit (2-units required)

EDIT: 7/27 @2055 CT: This one has 2 ports==>>Comtrend G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Ethernet Adapter I 2 Gigabit Ports I Supports 802.3at I PoE 30W Power Budget I Phy: Up to 2 Gbps I Single Device (PG-9182PoE)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't inject the POE over the powerline, but one end can supply POE to your POE device that is located nearby. They can be found at the link below but MAN, they're not cheap...$140 USD for a pair. I cannot attest to their operation, as I have only used a TP-LINK pair and a Xyzel pair, both excellent. I don't know of one with multiple ports, though.

Comtrend G.hn 1200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Bridge Adapter with Power Over Ethernet POE PG-9172PoE Single Unit (2-units required)

EDIT: 7/27 @2055 CT: This one has 2 ports==>>Comtrend G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Ethernet Adapter I 2 Gigabit Ports I Supports 802.3at I PoE 30W Power Budget I Phy: Up to 2 Gbps I Single Device (PG-9182PoE)
I do believe that is what I'm looking for. Would need a pair of them since the G.hn isn't the same as the AV but that would do the trick.

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if AV and G.Hn are compatible?
They are not, best I can tell but they can co-exist in the same residence.

An excerpt from Wikipedia's "HomePlug" under "Interoperability":

"HomePlug devices will not interoperate with devices that employ other powerline technologies, such as Universal Powerline Association (UPA), HD-PLC, or G.hn. In the case of G.hn, it was deemed prohibitively expensive to implement both HomePlug's turbo coding forward error correction and G.hn's low density parity check (LDPC).[18] However, IEEE 1901 allows co-existence within the same deployment of both HomePlug AV and HD-PLC via its Inter-System Protocol (ISP). G.hn also supports the ISP."

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats the wattage for the IP5M-T1179 camera? I see the dual jack you linked to shows 30 watts. For two of the IP5's that should be enough yes?