motion sensitivity

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok i will admin i will have quite a few more questions in the coming days so bare with me. trying to set the motion alerts and it seems like leaves are setting it off. so i adjusted the sensitivity to 1 on the nvr 7608 but that seems to yield a 0 sensitivity on the cameras themselves 2332 which results in no motion detection. is that correct? should i just set a very small specific zone for motion detection and hope no leaves are falling there?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use different NVR software that sets the cameras for me on a level of 1-10 in the software client. I normally have the cameras set to 1 and it is fine, and when looking in the camera that is 20. The highest sensitivity I have set on the NVR is 3, and on the camera that moves it to 40. Higher than that and I will often get constant recording so I would move your camera to 20 and see what you get as a start.

As a note, if the leaves are close enough it will still trigger motion, these are quite sensitive. My camera at setting 40 the other day picked up a squirrel at just over 90 feet from the camera. That is pretty sensitive!

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use different NVR software that sets the cameras for me on a level of 1-10 in the software client. I normally have the cameras set to 1 and it is fine, and when looking in the camera that is 20. The highest sensitivity I have set on the NVR is 3, and on the camera that moves it to 40. Higher than that and I will often get constant recording so I would move your camera to 20 and see what you get as a start.

As a note, if the leaves are close enough it will still trigger motion, these are quite sensitive. My camera at setting 40 the other day picked up a squirrel at just over 90 feet from the camera. That is pretty sensitive!
thanks for confirming. one would think a setting of 1 on the nvr would set something higher than 0 on the cameras. guess will have to get used to it. thanks again.