Motion Detection

DarthTywin

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the optimal settings for motion detection?

My cameras pick up motion from leaves blowing in the wind or even changes in sunlight, creating false motion alerts?.

Thanks in advance.
DT

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are the optimal settings for motion detection?

My cameras pick up motion from leaves blowing in the wind or even changes in sunlight, creating false motion alerts?.

Thanks in advance.
DT
Better catch more than less....make sure object detect reject is disabled or you will miss important motion...
You can setup cloned cameras for alerts only with a higher threashold...post an image of your current settings.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with mine and I have the minimum object size set more sensitive than yours, I'm fairly new at this, I'm guessing the sensitivity varies from one make of camera to another. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people can help out with this.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with mine and I have the minimum object size set more sensitive than yours, I'm fairly new at this, I'm guessing the sensitivity varies from one make of camera to another. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people can help out with this.
The sensitivity is set by the Blue Iris application and doesn't have anything to do with the camera make/model really.

DarthTywin

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can set a camera to follow the motion until its out of range?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I know there is an option "End trigger unless re-triggered in x.x sec.". I don't know if that is helpful for your situation or not.