motion detecting sweet spot setting config

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
really struggling to find a setting that will do away with false alerts from shadows.
using expert setting as normal does not allow enough flexibility to prevent the false alerts.

I have tried moving the sensitivity to 1-15 to reduce the size of what can trigger it and the proportion to to 80 to make sure a lot of it what ever it is has to be in the zone.
It reduced a lot of the alerts but now I am not even sure it is trigger as i want it.

can anyone give me some tips on what they have theres set to in order to try and find that perfect balance - no shadows but actually people in the alert zone.

also maybe you have combinations between motion plus intrusion detection not sure. happy to here what works for you with your settings so i can try it out.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You are going to have to fine tune your settings. Also, use a smaller detection area. I have my front door cam set up with only one little box in normal mode and then set your pre record and post record higher like 20 seconds.
Line crossing and intrusion detection work alot better than the motion detection. They take some configuring and testing much like the motion detection settings. If you want true alerts, use an external PIR that is mounted under or near the camera. PIRs will only pick up a change in temperature, like a person's body heat. They can be wired into the alarm input on your camera or NVR.