Motion Detect triggers only when Settings window is open?

DirtinLa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new no name Chinese cam.

When I goto camera/motion trigger in setup it doesn't trigger I can unable and then reenable and it starts working... the when I tell the BI ok it no longer works?

I am not new to BI

any suggestions?

thanx inadvance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new no name Chinese cam.

When I goto camera/motion trigger in setup it doesn't trigger I can unable and then reenable and it starts working... the when I tell the BI ok it no longer works?

I am not new to BI

any suggestions?

thanx inadvance
Post an image of your motion AND record tab settings.

DirtinLa

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it's a brand new camera and I'm still fiddling with it... it's in and out... not concerned about the networkability just that it triggers

I have the framerate on all of my cameras at 10 fps and dtd...

BI CPU ranges from 38% and regurlarly spikes to 100%... but I would say it runs in the high 80% range

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's a brand new camera and I'm still fiddling with it... it's in and out... not concerned about the networkability just that it triggers

I have the framerate on all of my cameras at 10 fps and dtd...

BI CPU ranges from 38% and regurlarly spikes to 100%... but I would say it runs in the high 80% range
If the camera is in and out, that explains everything, blue iris cannot record if its not getting the feed.
it should not be spiking to 100..make sure EACH camera is set to record direct to disk. Record tab>file format.

DirtinLa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanx fenderman but I feel that's not the answer.... when the cam IS up and running and I enable the motion trigger it works fine until I press ok in the window... then it(MOTION TRIGGER) no longer works... all cams are set to record direct to disk as I indicated

I'm running a dedicated computer running windows 10 for the system and have yet to figure out why the cpu is spiking.... there is no antivirus or anything else running...

sometime the cpu runs 28 and other times runs 98... even disabling all the cameras but one, it still shows CPU at 98% sometime... ???

I feel this issue is somewhere in the software or MY seetings in BI not a host hardware or software problem.

thank you again

-=Fred=-

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanx fenderman but I feel that's not the answer.... when the cam IS up and running and I enable the motion trigger it works fine until I press ok in the window... then it(MOTION TRIGGER) no longer works... all cams are set to record direct to disk as I indicated

I'm running a dedicated computer running windows 10 for the system and have yet to figure out why the cpu is spiking.... there is no antivirus or anything else running...

sometime the cpu runs 28 and other times runs 98... even disabling all the cameras but one, it still shows CPU at 98% sometime... ???

I feel this issue is somewhere in the software or MY seetings in BI not a host hardware or software problem.

thank you again

-=Fred=-
Are you running the full version or demo?
Try deleting the camera and readding it. Also, check blue iris and look for the FPS its receiving..if you are getting a really low frame rate blue iris cannot do motion detection. When you say there is no antivirus, did you disable the windows 10 antivirus? or but blueiris in the exceptions?

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect, but did you ever figure this out? I'm trying the demo, but I can only get it to trigger when I have the Settings window open.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect, but did you ever figure this out? I'm trying the demo, but I can only get it to trigger when I have the Settings window open.
post your record tab settings..you have something set incorrectly somewhere.