Motion Blurring with New Turrent

Reaction score
Been playing around with my new 4MP Turrent.
1/30 and 1/60 Settings.
Sharpeness 25-30
WDR Off
BLC - Tried different settings
Noise Reduction 100

There is no Ambient light
While the image is decent, any physical person walking in front of the camera, literally, in front and just walking about, all I get is motion blur.

I even turned on the ~party string lights~. Clear Edison Style Bulbs - 24 S11 bulbs - 11 W each.
I still get motion blurriness..

Is there any other settings I am amiss on will a IR Illuminator solve it all.

Is IR directional. I'd like to probably opt for me and mount it overhead (facing down) smack dab in the middle if possible (overhead )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Fenderman -

Thank you . That did it. I dropped it from 100 to 40 and it was night and day difference as far as ghosting !
Any recommended nightime settings you can advise aside from the above I have already listed.

At 5 feet, a face is clearly legiable.
At 10 feet, I can make it out, but not uber legiable
At 14-15 feet, I can see a face, but not crimestopper worthy.

Granted, I think most would employ another camera at the choke point that's zoomed in....

Sharpness on the camera is @ 30. If I increase it to 80+, it get's better but adds more noise.

Will I still get better facial results if I add a IR emitter.
Is it directional (not angle of beamspread). If I can mount it overhead at the choke point in which I'm not good facial recognition, this might do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still tinkering with settings on my 4mp turrets too for night settings. Everyone on here will have different settings and I have different settings on my front and back cameras. Here is an example but you will have to experiment to get what works for you.
Brightness=50
Contrast=71
Saturation=0
Sharpness=100
Noise Reduction=50
WDR=off
Exposure= trying 1/12 & 1/30 (more noise, less blur at 1/30) - Gain 100
My settings can use some tweaking too but maybe it will give you an idea of things to try that may or may not work for you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will get the best results of you add more light...do you have external fixtures bit keep them off? If so, pop an led bulb in there.