Money & Economics

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
California Leftist politicians are absolute idiots.

View attachment 191485

The trick .. make a Real Estate company that owns that ONE property .. and then instead of selling the property, you change the owners of the company.

Thus the title of the property owners remains the same ..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Millions Of New Illegal Immigrants Mask True State Of US Economy
Millions Of New Illegal Immigrants Mask True State Of US Economy | ZeroHedge

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of immigrants—legal and illegal—working in the United States grew by 3.4 million between February 2020, shortly before the onset of COVID-19, and February 2024. The number of U.S.-born workers, however, declined by 78,000 during the same period.
In addition, during the Biden administration, there have been approximately twice as many illegal immigrants as legal immigrants entering the country, according to a study by the Brookings Institution.
That’s a big problem,” says economist Stephen Moore.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, for going on 6 months. A lot of Central Bank hoarding... which is ominous .. and now the man in the street is getting in on it.

I expect/hope for a major pullback, at which point I plan on buying. Kicking myself that I didnt grab it in October when I first started really feeling the urge. Mrs bigredfish talked me out of it,.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, for going on 6 months. A lot of Central Bank hoarding... which is ominous .. and now the man in the street is getting in on it.

I expect/hope for a major pullback, at which point I plan on buying. Kicking myself that I didnt grab it in October when I first started really feeling the urge. Mrs bigredfish talked me out of it,.
But in order to realize a gain had you bought it in October you'd need to be selling it before the pullback. Do you think you would do that or would you hold it as it pulled back just to see your unrealized gains drop? I think a lot of people would hold it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm holding for the apocalypse , but geesh had I bought a tube of Gold Eagles in October, it would be damn tempting to unload with a $12K profit about now :oops:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Very interesting.
One of the ways the CPI the gubbmit puts out is complete and utter bullshit

Blackstone Makes $10 Billion Bet On Multifamily Units As Real Rents Begin Re-Accelerating
I agree with Blackstone. People have to live somewhere. When they can't afford a single family home or don't want the responsibility they look to apartments and duplex/condo/townhomes. I've been investing in these the last couple of years mostly as trust deeds or minority equity investment into duplex style homes and apartment restructuring that already exist and need a makeover. You want to avoid investments that are for large fancy homes or second homes as those will be the first people will dump.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand that tipping is to reward good or great service but....

If I'm going out to eat then I expect good to great service otherwise I'm not going to go there anymore. Am I supposed to tip the chef because he put together a good or great meal....no, I expect that otherwise I'm not going back. Perhaps, a better way to handle this is to eliminate tipping. Increase the prices on the menu if need be to pay the rate the market demands for good waitress services. Then provide a mechanism for patrons to provide feedback to the restaurant regarding the food, presentation, service etc. If a waitress gets bad reviews enough times after corrective action has been taken then fire them.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went to subway for lunch today, when I went to check out there was an option for a tip….. No thank you, I won’t tip for fast food.

We usually go out to eat 2-4 times a month. About 2 years ago I vowed I’d never go out again. Every place we’d go the service sucked, then the audacity to ask for a tip.

Lately service has been getting better, but over the past several months it seems that more and more servers are older, (over 50.). Service is always better if they are older vs the 18-mid 30’s.

I took my wife to a nice steak house in Denver this past weekend, the guy was phenomenal. He left with a very nice tip.

If someone wants to make a killing, I think being a server at a nice restaurant would be the way to do it if you actually give good service.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you a money waster?