Modern upgrade for an older system?

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any sort of module that I can add on to an existing 35+ year old system that consists of keyswitch arm/disarm and multiple door plunge switches so that it can run as it always has, yet have redundant remote control and notification via an Android app? I don't know the brand or model of the system right now, but i figured I'd start looking before I get too far into it. I know the system was locally installed by a family-owned security business at the time.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add to the security system via ethernet in the future, so even if I had to run a second concurrent system, or if there's a new system that will allow keyswitch and door plungers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anything?

I'd be content with some sort of 12VDC relay option, even. Something that triggers an alert/alarm for 24 hour monitoring, and something that can arm/disarm.

I've tried to Google different queries, but find nothing, which is surprising.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything?

I'd be content with some sort of 12VDC relay option, even. Something that triggers an alert/alarm for 24 hour monitoring, and something that can arm/disarm.

I've tried to Google different queries, but find nothing, which is surprising.
You should be able to reuse all your switches.
Look at a wired/hybrid system like the dsc 1832 or honeywell system. There are lots of online sellers that provide support for self installs.
You can use an envisalink module with those systems. http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want app notification you can do it thru alarm monitoring like honeywell total connect or if not that way thru self monitoring like alarm.com if you want it to be monitored.