Mobile Data Connection Problems

TravG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I have been using Blue Iris for my security system for about 2 years and have always had this issue. ( 2 different phones + 2 different networks both LTE+)

When I open the Blue Iris app or connect through my browser on ANY wifi I can connect no problem. However if I am on my mobile data I will have to click retry multiple times just to connect to my server in the app.
Which made me try to just bookmark the UI3 page in my browser and use that, it loads faster, enter my login, then it pops up an error message in the corner about session expired and a long red error box with .mp3 filenames and keeps refreshing.

If anyone can help me have a consistent easy way to check my cameras on my phone I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I have been using Blue Iris for my security system for about 2 years and have always had this issue. ( 2 different phones + 2 different networks both LTE+)

When I open the Blue Iris app or connect through my browser on ANY wifi I can connect no problem. However if I am on my mobile data I will have to click retry multiple times just to connect to my server in the app.
Which made me try to just bookmark the UI3 page in my browser and use that, it loads faster, enter my login, then it pops up an error message in the corner about session expired and a long red error box with .mp3 filenames and keeps refreshing.

If anyone can help me have a consistent easy way to check my cameras on my phone I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
This is an issue with your firewall... Could be windows or your router...

Try using tail scale which will not only resolve your issue but also make your connection secure

TravG

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't realize not having a VPN would cause a connectivity issue as long as everything was configured correctly. It seems the easiest way is to buy an Asus router that supports OpenVPN I suppose. I originally didn't want to use a VPN because it would be an extra step to open my camera app every time. Speed is important to me when trying to connect. I will educate myself on VPNs more and maybe go this route

TravG

n3wb
Reaction score
This is an issue with your firewall... Could be windows or your router...

Try using tail scale which will not only resolve your issue but also make your connection secure
I have tried disabling both firewalls and still seem to have this issue. Is tail scale something I would have to manually connect to prior to opening blue iris each time?