Milestone hardware replacement

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, Milestone SMEs (subject matter experts).

I completed a "hardware replacement" on a 24 license Milestone system, using the <Replace Hardware> selection.

Although all the replacement cameras are active under the 30-day licensing grace period, is there a way to force the licensing update for the replacement hardware?

The system does have Online access.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Mico Santos
Delaware

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If memory serves on the newer versions they have a check-box for automatic license activation under the Basics->License tab, if that is checked I've never seen any issues with it automatically going through (not sure the interval though) -

If not, I know in the past I've had to just run a manual online activation to sync up the licenses (where-in it'll ask for your Milestone portal login). Note - I've only done this with an active support contract, not sure how this would behave if out of support.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You didn't mention which level of XProtect you are using. The top level product has a License page in Management Client app, where you check status of your license use and can command it to Activate License via a few methods.

1639684282451.png

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey, Milestone SMEs (subject matter experts).

I completed a "hardware replacement" on a 24 license Milestone system, using the <Replace Hardware> selection.

Although all the replacement cameras are active under the 30-day licensing grace period, is there a way to force the licensing update for the replacement hardware?

The system does have Online access.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Mico Santos
Delaware

Your question doesn't really make sense. There is a replace hardware wizard but that is used to replace a faulty camera with another camera to keep the existing recordings.

What actual hardware did you replace?