Microphone for a Hikvision IP PTZ

Reaction score
Hi i have a Hikvision DS-2DE4220IW-DE IP PTZ camera in a agricultural setting.
I am needing audio to hear the animals. At the present time this camera is powered from a Planet IEE802.3at injector hub
So excusing my ignorance how do i power up a 12V microphone if it is 52V dc coming up the ethernet cable to the camera. Is there some sort of splitter available that would power up the microphone safely. Any recomendations for a decent microphone would also be gratefully received it is an area 60x40ft with the mic mounting 20ft above ground level

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi i have a Hikvision DS-2DE4220IW-DE IP PTZ camera in a agricultural setting.
I am needing audio to hear the animals. At the present time this camera is powered from a Planet IEE802.3at injector hub
So excusing my ignorance how do i power up a 12V microphone if it is 52V dc coming up the ethernet cable to the camera. Is there some sort of splitter available that would power up the microphone safely. Any recomendations for a decent microphone would also be gratefully received it is an area 60x40ft with the mic mounting 20ft above ground level
You’ll simply use a POE splitter. It will take the 48 VDC and reduce it to 12 VDC. Next you will need a 12 VDC splitter to power both the Mic & PTZ. I attached a wiring diagram for your reference.

IMG_4701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
If size isn’t an issue this Hikvision microphone is excellent but isn’t outdoor weather rated. If you provide a small amount of protection it should be fine if facing down.

Keep in mind no matter the type or brand of microphone in use. You’ll need to place a wind screen of some sort (dead cat) or similar to reduce wind noise. I opted to use foam in various thickness and dimensions.
IMG_4699.png

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your quick reply.I tried using a splitter as suggested but it would not power up the camera.I assume I need an active POE splitter rather than a passive one.The one I tried was passive and no voltage appeared on the connector.When it all works does only data go in the camera ethernet connector then

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your quick reply.I tried using a splitter as suggested but it would not power up the camera.I assume I need an active POE splitter rather than a passive one.The one I tried was passive and no voltage appeared on the connector.When it all works does only data go in the camera ethernet connector then
Just to be clear when you used a POE Splitter. The camera was powered by POE Splitter 12 VDC (barrel plug) and the Ethernet was inserted for data only - correct?

Keeping in mind a 12 VDC (Y Splitter) is also used in conjunction with the POE Splitter as depicted in the photo above.

Can you snap a picture to share in case something obvious was missed in how it was wired and hardware in place? Please provide what POE Switch / Injector is being used here.

Lastly, some POE switches must see (validate) if a device is present and what standard is in place before energizing the port.

Reaction score
Hi
Yes can confirm camera powered by splitter as in picture 1 and ethernet for data only, grey cable goes to hub .Camera cannot be seen by SADP tool.
When I reconnect camera using POE on ethernet cable it all fires back up shown on pic 2 ??
Pic 3 is POE injector

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The injector is wired backwards in your photo. Turn it around and (assuming) Splitter is correctly rated it should work.

Also, I don’t see a 12 VDC input plug on that camera??

Reaction score
The injector is wired backwards in your photo. Turn it around and (assuming) Splitter is correctly rated it should work.

[/

Bit confused now if the injector was wired backwards it would not work when connected as POE to the camera as in Pic 2
This Hikvision PTZ has 3 connectors on the pigtail
1) an Ethernet connector for data only/ data & POE(802.3at) 42.5-57v dc
2) Green 2 pole 12v screw type connector for powering camera when POE is not used
3) Green 3 pole screw type connector for audio in/out and ground

Reaction score

Bit confused now if the injector was wired backwards it would not work when connected as POE to the camera as in Pic 2
2) Green 2 pole 12v screw type connector for powering camera when POE is not used

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
To be clear your sure the camera uses the screw down connector to accept 12 VDC input power instead of a round barrel power connector.

If so great but the splitter is still turned backwards. Take a spare Ethernet cable and plug it into the single point Ethernet plug. Take an adaptor to connect the round plug to the 12 VDC screw down.

Then simply connect the RJ45 from other side of the (Y Splitter) to the PTZ RJ45 jack.

Lastly, this assumes the Y splitter is 12 VDC rated - is it?? What does the splitter indicate on the housing??