Memory high on I7 7700K Intel 630.

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there.
I think it has been extensively covered so I apologies if it has been posted before.
Do you know what is the best driver for the graphics, I tried 15.45.18.4664 but it said my pc didnt meet the requirements.
Win 10 64. many thanks for any help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the wiki, that is known good driver, so I suspect the real issues is you do not have a clean install of Windows and the computer manufacturer is forcing you to use their driver instead of allowing you to install a different driver.

6th Generation (Skylake) / 7th Generation (Kaby Lake)

Driver Version 15.45.18.4664 is known to be good: <15.45.18.4664: Intel® Graphics Driver>

More details: <cpu utilization of BI process rises up to 100%>

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Different generation I know, my system is an i5-6500 but I’ve found that the latest drivers from the Intel website work for me, previously I’d get blurring/streaking on recorded clips.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there.
I think it has been extensively covered so I apologies if it has been posted before.
Do you know what is the best driver for the graphics, I tried 15.45.18.4664 but it said my pc didnt meet the requirements.
Win 10 64. many thanks for any help
Search Google on how to install ..your issue as others have mentioned is related to an OEM windows install. Better yet do a clean install with the media creation tool.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Search Google on how to install ..your issue as others have mentioned is related to an OEM windows install. Better yet do a clean install with the media creation tool.
Or you might need to grab the driver from the manufacturers website which is what I had to do.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but if I was going to install the driver I would download the driver & DDU. Then disconnect the computer from WAN (the internet), boot into safe mode, uninstall the Intel driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.1) using the clean and restart option, and after reboot install Intel Driver Version 15.45.18.4664. Then I would follow the directions in the wiki on setting group policies in gpedit.msc to disable CPU driver from updates by Device ID. Then connect to WAN if needed.

Last edited:

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE**
Not sure how but... Most of my cameras had gone to 30 FPS. I have put them all down to 15 or so and the Mem has dropped off a near 45%
Another thing, when using tools to batch update, i noticed it said some were recording AVI. When I checked the camera it was on Blue Iris DvR.
so 2 questions I guess, why did the cams change to 30fps (on the actual camera directly logged on using IP, they were at 15 fps) and question 2 is why the false file format on tools?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't why they flicked over to 30fps but that setting doesn't really matter unless it's actually lower than the cams real fps. I think it's there to limit the max fps but am not too sure.

For the AVI, you haven't accidentally set the cam(s) to re-encode have you?

patriot20001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't why they flicked over to 30fps but that setting doesn't really matter unless it's actually lower than the cams real fps. I think it's there to limit the max fps but am not too sure.

No all are direct to disc, thank you though for the suggestion!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

It does matter, if your cams are set to 15fps, and bi is set to 30, it will eat memory needlessly.
Set it to 1 or 2 fps higher than what your cam is set to.
BUT, if a cam for whatever reason exceeds that fps setting, it will auto adjust up.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It does matter, if your cams are set to 15fps, and bi is set to 30, it will eat unneeded memory.
Set it to 1 or 2 fps higher than what your cam is set to.
BUT, if a cam for whatever reason exceeds that fps setting, it will auto adjust up.
Didn’t know that it would eat up RAM, I’ve always set my cams to whatever the actual cam is set to but sometimes when checking I do find that BI has changed it for whatever reason?