Max cameras over wireless bridges

Reaction score
Hi all

looking for advice on the amount of cameras i can send back to an NVR over a wireless bridge. It's all Dahua kit. Currently I have 4 cameras and PTZ on each mast, Cameras are 5mp and the PTZ 2mp. Some AI camera and by recorder. I have them all dumbed down to 1080p and 720p and 15fps. The video is getting through but is very clunky and is missing chunks here and there.

Kit as Below.

AI64ChannelNVR12TB:
NVR5864-I-12T

5GHzAC86720dBiOutdoorWirelessCPE:
PFWB5-10AC

IP5.0MpAIStarlightIRdomecamera2.8mmlens:
IPC-HDW3541EMP-AS-280

IP2.0MpMiniStarlight25xZoomIR150M:
PTZ1A225-HNR-XA

any help greatly appreciated.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If that's an access point of WiFi extender it won't give very good results at all. WiFi was never meant to handle the constant bit rate that streaming surveillance video requires. It can stream a movie but only because movie streaming uses buffering.

I'm using a Ubiquity Nano Station Loco M5 setup. It will easily handle four, or more, 4MP cameras at full bit rates. I'd guess it will actually handle eight to be honest, but that's speculation. No dropouts and it is encrypted to boot.

Ubiquity Nano Station Loco M5

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Then, it should easily work. Have a look at the channel bandwidth setting and, I assume, that you've aligned the antennas properly. What is the distance involved?