Malware 3345

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered mine off eBay and when I received it the instruction booklet stated 192.168.1.64 for web access and I ended up having to google to access it @ 192.0.0.64. (5.3.3) I did a full factory reset and 192.168.1.64 ended up being the IP. Does this mean mine was flashed to be english and could possible have malware? They obviously modified the settings... Is there a way to ssh in and monitor if I do?

I've ran netstat a few times and see no external connections but I'm a little worried now. Don't know how to monitor it without viewing it 24/7
Thanks,
Tyler

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt they know how or have any purpose to put malware, they modify all cams to have English language

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ran across it researching that it has happened.. Don't even know if it's true or not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just ran across it researching that it has happened.. Don't even know if it's true or not.
There has never been a report of malware by third party gray market sellers of hikvision...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
my router isn't capable of blocking inet access and it's an IP camera.......

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the camera set the gateway IP to something that isn't your router if you are worried.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, both of those IP addresses are defaults used by Hikvision (which default you get depended on either the camera model and/or the firmware).

Assuming that you got this from a Chinese reseller, they have to hack the cams to make it English and it's possible that they manually adjusted the IP address back to "default" and by mistake put in the other (wrong) default IP address.

Personally, I wouldn't think much of it...but if you're really concerned about the risk, then just follow the advice of others here and change/remove the gateway address. That will prevent the camera from having an internet connection while still allowing it to be viewed locally on machines connected to your router/network.