Making a more secure door frame from kick in attacks

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Not exactly sure I follow.

Assuming the keyway is on the side of the door you are trying to prevent entry from, then this makes no sense... You are going to be kicking the door from the hinged side, essentially forcing it closed. This also puts their reinforcement plate on the wrong side of the force being exerted. If anything you would want to make sure you have an adequate door stop around the entire perimeter of the door jamb (which I didn't see at all?). Also, you would want to run MUCH longer screws for the strike plates.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not exactly sure I follow.

Assuming the keyway is on the side of the door you are trying to prevent entry from, then this makes no sense... You are going to be kicking the door from the hinged side, essentially forcing it closed. This also puts their reinforcement plate on the wrong side of the force being exerted. If anything you would want to make sure you have an adequate door stop around the entire perimeter of the door jamb (which I didn't see at all?). Also, you would want to run MUCH longer screws for the strike plates.

Perhaps it's what you don't want to get out ??

1708130280626.png

Last edited: