Make time relevant for object detection ?

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my camera enabled with AI.
I'm watching my driveway, and I see cars detected, however most of them missed.
I've used the tools and saw that a car is identified, but for a second before it pass.
should I update make time as well ?

Attached video (I can't see how to export with AI overlays. possible ?)
1622446185051.png

Attachments

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, why should it care about the car? I've only set to ignore alerts if dog/cat goes around
1622449254504.png

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Items listed in the ‘to cancel’ box indicate what alerts will NOT be sent out if they exist. So with the configuration you show above, if movement triggers BI and then the AI determines that there is a cat or dog in the image, then the alert will not be sent out.

With an empty ‘to confirm’ box, not sure what the behavior will be. You are not telling the AI what to look for. Normally in the ‘to confirm’ box you list what you want the AI to alert on.

Note the difference between triggers and alerts. Triggers are what ever type of motion you set your BI to be triggered by, meaning how you configure the trigger tab. Triggered pictures are then sent to the AI which then independently reviews the picture for whatever is in the ‘to confirm’ box. If it finds the objects of interest that you listed (such as ‘car’) an alert is sent out. Unless of course you list something in the ‘to cancel’ box.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But that's the thing, I want to cancel if its animal. all the rest I want to keep.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you must put items that you want to alert on in the To confirm box. Otherwise there is no item/object that will be detected that matches null/nothing.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just checked, and I do get notification unless being cancelled.
but there is an issue, if the object under the threshold of certainty, It's not working. I guess because the app can't decided if to cancel or something

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It sounds like it is working as advertised. No alert is issued if the AI detected object is below the provided threshold. So it would be expected that if you set the AI to detect ‘car’ at 79 percent and it detects a car but only gives it a 49 percent rating, then no alert would be issued. So you are now listing items in the ‘to confirm’ box for the AI, is that what got your system working ok?